LAST MINUTE THANKSGIVING FESTIVITY

You've probably got all of your Thanksgiving affairs planned and underway, but just in case...here are a few last minute inspirations.

From Traditional to whimsical table settings


As much as I enjoy Norman Rockwell's painting style, his traditional table setting leaves a bit to be desired.  I love the idea of taking inspiration from this bright and whimsical tablescape (via Style Me Pretty).  Okay, originally this was for a wedding, but do those golden pigs not lend a certain dose of hilarity and downright appropriateness to the FEAST of the year?  Thank you.  You're welcome.

Here's a secret: You can buy a package of plastic farm animals and gold spray paint from any dollar store.  Really, any of them.  It takes only a few minutes to paint the little guys, and only a few more to dry enough to set them on a table.

How about a few more inspiring table adornments?




These are some of my favorites from across the web.  I guess my personal default decor strategy is "When in need of something instantly fancy, paint it gold.  Or white."     

Top  /  Painted pumpkin DIY centerpieces via Chatelaine  /  DIY Walnut place card holders via Martha Stewart  /  Bottom  /  DIY Gold turkey place card holders via The Sweetest Occasion  /  Shop felted acorns by Fairyfolk on Etsy  


I'm sure you have your menu planned out (and I'm not really one for cooking) so I'm offering these tasty ideas instead.  Drinks?  I can do that.  Jazzed up leftovers?  I can do that, too.

So, this "Tipsy Turkey"cocktail.  Sounds suspicious, looks...divine.   Among the ingredients are bourbon, maple syrup, and roasted pumpkin cubes.  I'm salivating like it's my job.  Recipe & photo via Refinery29.com

Pumpkin. Pie. Milkshake. (Ohmigod) With. PIECRUST. in it.  Somebody scrape me off the floor?  Then make me another one.  Recipe & photo via A Cozy Kitchen.

Discover clever ways to re-arrange your feast leftovers into scrumptious post-feast feasts.  Recipes & photo via SouthernLiving.



And finally...


This is one of the most important parts of any gathering.  Thank the host(-ess) with something useful, pretty, and classic.  These can all be found for under $40.

My personal favorite?  That PB&J Apron.  Because it's modern and charming (and emblazoned with my own illustration !).  Purchase it from my Boutique.


Happy Thanksgiving.



Style Me Pretty
Event styling by Juli Vaughn Designs 
Photography by Carmen Santorelli


No comments:

Post a Comment

Share Your Thoughts! Let's Discuss / Debate / Banter in the name of Style.

 photo glyphicons_210_left_arrow_zpsf0f9a5e8.png  photo glyphicons_211_right_arrow_zps2bd68774.png
Blogging tips